Transformation Profile – Lindsy – lbs lost = 80
Current: 140lbs-16.1% BF (last checked November 2012)
Back ground -
I’ve always been a “thicker” girl, no matter how active I was. Throughout high school and my first couple years of college, I was constantly trying out some new “fad diet”. None of this really worked, and if they did, it was unhealthy and the weight came back as soon as I stopped. In 2007, I started dating my fiancé and then put on about 40lbs in 2 years. (Trying to keep up with the eating of a weightlifter when you’re not working out, or doing it in a healthy way is BAD for the body).
It got to the point, where I was truly “unhappy” with myself. I was uncomfortable in all my clothes, and would actually back out of plans because I felt “too fat”. I was beginning to let my weight affect my personality.
Finally, in August of 2009- at my heaviest weight of 220lbs, after spending the day at the waterpark with my Fiancé, and being so uncomfortable with my body that I couldn’t enjoy myself. I spent the entire day worrying that the lifeguards were going to know I weighed more than him and make me ride on the back. This is the day that I finally realized that it was time to make a change, a LIFESTYLE change. I made a commitment to myself and to my health. I started doing cardio about 4 to 5 days a week and cleaned up my diet.
I began cutting my calories and said goodbye to sweets, sodas, and fatty foods. Chicken, Fruits, Veggies and Water became my best friend. I started out by setting small “more attainable” goals for myself, in order to keep from getting discouraged. Once I reached each goal, I rewarded myself with something nice and set forward towards my next goal. Before long, I started seeing big changes in my body, and I loved it. This gave me motivation to keep going.
Within one year I had lost down to 150lbs and then over the past 2 years, I have continued to maintain and push through several plateaus.. Back in May I was introduced to Clean Eating and it has changed my entire outlook on weight loss/nutrition/fitness and my own individual goals. Living the “Clean Life” and lifting heavy 6 days a week has changed my life completely, and has made me a stronger person inside and out. In September 2012, measuring around 22.4%BF and weighing 135lbs, I decided it was time to take my body to the next level and hired my nutritionist, Roxanna Sanchez at The Institute of Eating Management in Houston, Texas. Currently, I am at 140-143lbs BUT my body fat is down to 16.1% and I have 120ish lbs. of lean body mass. (last checked in November 2012) and am currently wearing a size 6 (something I thought I’d NEVER see).
Current fitness goals
My current goals are:
- to lean out to 12% BF and build as much muscle definition as I can
- I would like to schedule a photo shoot within the next 6 months and possibly consider competing towards the end of the year.
- reaching out to as many people as possibly with my story in hopes of motivating them to get started on a healthy life style
- obtain my personal training certification
I train 6 days a week- Cardio and Weight Training.
Monday- Back and Chest & 40-60 mins of cardio
Tuesday- Legs (heavy weight, lower reps), ABS, 30 mins cardio
Wednesday- Shoulders, Lower Back, Abs- 40-60 mins of cardio
Thursday- Bis and Tris- 40-60 mins of cardio
Friday- Back and Bis 40-60 mins of cardio
Saturday- Legs (low weight- high reps), ABS, 30 mins cardio
Sunday- REST DAY
A typical day of eating -
I eat 5-6 small meals a day, every 3 hours.
Meal 1: Egg White/Veggie/Ground Turkey Muffins (2)- 1 apple.
Meal 2: 4oz extra lean turkey balls and oatmeal
Meal 3: 4 oz lean protein, sweet potato, steamed veggies
Meal 4: 4 oz lean protein and steamed veggies OR protein muffin OR protein shake
Meal 5: 4-5oz lean protein and steamed veggie ( will have carb here if still hungry)
Meal 6: IF awake I’ll do a protein muffin or protein shake.
ATLEAST 1 gallon of water a day.
Here are the supplements I use:
1. Fish oil
2. Women’s One a Day Multi Vitamin
4. Biotin (hair skin and nails)
5. Apple Cider Vinegar Pill ( helps body rid of toxins and promotes metabolism of sugars and fats)
6. CLK by Cellucor ( this has your raspberry keytones, CLA- and L-Caritine all in one raspberry flavored pill- ALL 3 of these are key supplements so having them all in one is awesome)
7. BCAA by Cellucor- Fruit Punch Flavor and I drink IMMEDIATELY after my workout
8. HD by Cellucor ( FAT BURNER- Energy and Focus Boost (has nooprotic in it, which is same thing found in Adderall, so really helps with daily focus), appetite control and fights fat and boots metabolism)
9. C4 by Cellucor- this is my pre-workout and I could not get through my work outs without it, it’s AMAZING!
10. Whey Protein by Cellucor- I’m using Peanutbutter Marshmallow right now (tastes like Reese’s Pieces)- SO yum! I drink it has a meal replacement and also use it in other recipes J
11. Iso-100 by Dymatize—this is another protein that I use. I use chocolate in this one.
Any of the products by Cellucor that you want to order, if you go to cellucor.com and use my promo code: LindsyFit you will receive 20% off and free shipping J
Follow my journey at